ADULT LEADER BASIC BACKPACKING COURSE
Classroom September 23-25, 2022
Plus, Weekend Overnight with Instructors
This is a THREE PART COURSE
- Part 1 – Outdoor Classroom Training
- Friday, Sept 23, 6:00-9:00 pm Virtual Presentation
- Saturday, Sept 24, 7:00 am-5:00 pm Outdoor Sessions
- Outdoor classroom training will be conducted at the Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center, 2 Irvine Park Road, Irvine, CA 92869, and consists of demonstrations and equipment and implementing “High Adventure” into your unit, round robins covering backpacks, tents, clothing, footwear, sleeping systems, stoves and cook gear, wilderness electronics, backpack cooking and food, water treatment, map and compass, critter encounters and food protection, planning a backpack with Scouts including adult leadership,
- Part 2 – Day Hike with Instructors
- Sunday, Sept 25 – The day hike will include map and compass fieldwork
- Part 3 – Weekend Overnight with Instructors
Course Cost: $85…roster limited to the first 35 students who sign up…openings as cancellations occur.
OCC-HIGH ADVENTURE TEAM WEBSITE for detailed information: https://occhat.org
Contact Course Director Donovan Anderson at DandersonBSA@yahoo.com with questions.